60 Man Roster Bubble Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Man Roster Bubble Predictions

Beyond the obvious reserves like Ajax and Shea, Pache and Waters, Bryce Wilson and Kyle Wright etc...the bubble players, who are they?

Bryce Ball
    Pete O'Brien

Originally posted by rtrafford View Post
    Beyond the obvious reserves like Ajax and Shea, Pache and Waters, Bryce Wilson and Kyle Wright etc...the bubble players, who are they?

Bryce Ball
    Pete O'Brien
    You almost need to keep a complete team in reserve..

Contreras, Langoliers, probably another old vet catcher..

Shewmake, Kazmar, a couple of other middle infield types..

Harris, Pache, Waters, O'Brien, Ball, and a few other bats..

Have to assume we keep almost an entire rotation and bp at Gwinnett since Covid breaks out in bunches. You could easily lose your entire rotation or bp if 1 person gets it..The same with catchers..

Comment

They'll have to release more details for us to have much of a guess... Is putting a player on the 60 man roster the same as putting them on the 40 man roster? If so it's a safe bet you will not see Ball, Waters, Langoliers, Shewmake or Anderson at least to start the season. Those are all non 40 man roster players I cant imagine we'd be willing to start this early and force a huge roster crunch this off season.

My bet is it'll mostly be the 40 man roster plus non prospect ST invite types

Comment

Originally posted by RefugeeZ View Post
        They'll have to release more details for us to have much of a guess... Is putting a player on the 60 man roster the same as putting them on the 40 man roster? If so it's a safe bet you will not see Ball, Waters, Langoliers, Shewmake or Anderson at least to start the season. Those are all non 40 man roster players I cant imagine we'd be willing to start this early and force a huge roster crunch this off season.

My bet is it'll mostly be the 40 man roster plus non prospect ST invite types
        Meh, you're going to need more pitching (especially) depth than the 40 man can proffer.

Comment

Meh, you're going to need more pitching (especially) depth than the 40 man can proffer.
          Baring a rash of injuries in camp I doubt it very seriously. You've already got about 24 pitchers on the 40 and 14-15 of those guys have starting experience with only 30 or so games until September.

and you have to consider what your going to do with all of these guys you activate now in 2021 when your back to 40. My bet is you essentially see them take a standard ST roster.

Comment

Are guys not on 60 men roster allowed to workout a team facility?

Comment

Originally posted by RefugeeZ View Post

Baring a rash of injuries in camp I doubt it very seriously. You've already got about 24 pitchers on the 40 and 14-15 of those guys have starting experience with only 30 or so games until September.

and you have to consider what your going to do with all of these guys you activate now in 2021 when your back to 40. My bet is you essentially see them take a standard ST roster.
              Barring a rash of injuries? Like Covid hitting the clubhouse? Mostly, you've got 60 games in like 70 days followed by the post season. Fried gets a blister? Hamels has a cranky shoulder? Folty feels some elbow tingles? Short starts blow out the pen? We saw 30 pitchers last season in 162. Not hard for me to imagine 30-35 are needed for this sprint.

Comment

Couple questions:

Can you add a guy to the sixty man roster later in the season?
                Are guys already in 40 automatically on 60 man? Can you have a guy on 40 man but not on 60 man?

Comment

Bryce Ball
                  Pete O'Brien
                  The two most obvious, King Felix and Culberson

Comment

I have to think mlb is going to have exceptions to the regular 40 man roster rules. There could easily be an instance where 15 big leaguers on the same team suddenly test positive and have to quarantine for 2 weeks. Almost every organization would have to dip outside its 40 man to fill a bunch of spots on the team...

Comment

1 Flowers
                      2 D’Arneau
                      3 A Jax
                      4 Contreras
                      5 Freeman
                      6 Albies
                      7 Swanson
                      8 Hech
                      9 Camargo
                      10 Riley
                      11 Culberson
                      12 Markakis
                      13 Duvall
                      14 Ozuna
                      15 Inciarte
                      16 Acuna
                      17 Pache

18 Soroka
                      19 Folty
                      20 Fried
                      21 Hamels
                      22 Newcomb
                      23 Wright
                      24 Wilson

25 Smith
                      26 Melancon
                      27 Greene
                      28 Martin
                      29 Jackson
                      30 Walker
                      31 Minter
                      32 Soboka
                      33 O’Day

34 King Felix
                      35 Dayton

those are all locks

Last edited by BravesBobbleHead; 06-24-2020, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Keith Law says he expects every team to load their taxi squads with their top prospects to get them the work they need .. ..A few have already said they are going this route..

Comment

Originally posted by Tmac13 View Post
                          Keith Law says he expects every team to load their taxi squads with their top prospects to get them the work they need .. ..A few have already said they are going this route..
                          Yeah I thought teams would do this.

Comment

Since the Braves are only going to have their starters go 3-4 innings for first few starts and no need to pinch hit. I think I’d matchup starters together

Soroka / Newcomb
                            Hamels / Wilson
                            Folty / Wright
                            Fried / Anderson
                            Felix / Davidson

Comment

Barring a rash of injuries? Like Covid hitting the clubhouse? Mostly, you've got 60 games in like 70 days followed by the post season. Fried gets a blister? Hamels has a cranky shoulder? Folty feels some elbow tingles? Short starts blow out the pen? We saw 30 pitchers last season in 162. Not hard for me to imagine 30-35 are needed for this sprint.
                              If COVID hits the club house substantially this spring they’re shutting it down.. If we can’t get through 30 games with 15 SP’s we’ve got no business playing at all.

Your also ignoring I said there’s no way of knowing right now without knowing the 40/60 rules anyway..... If being on the 60 effects their service time there’s no chance in hell the Braves are activating all those players.
                              Last edited by RefugeeZ; 06-24-2020, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X