Actual Braves Talk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual Braves Talk!

Bill Shanks, so take it for what its worth, is reporting Cole Hamels won't be ready by late July. Saying mid August is the earliest we see him..

Looks like a 30 man roster, along with a 30 man taxi squad. Those 60 players will include the entire 40 man roster. The other 20 will be top prospects and/or the AAAA Gwinnett types and milb free agents..

Comment

Would the prospects get service time when they inevitably play due to players having to sit out due to COVID?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
        Would the prospects get service time when they inevitably play due to players having to sit out due to COVID?
        I don't know

Comment

I fully expect juiced rabbit balls to be used this year....MLB will want fireworks on offense to make people forget the debacle of the negotiations..

Comment

I’m rolling w Pache fuck Ender

Comment

Originally posted by BravesBobbleHead View Post
              Ender is such a slow starter it usually takes him 60 games to get going..

Comment

Originally posted by Tmac13 View Post

Exactly , though that wasn’t my reasoning

Comment

Originally posted by Tmac13 View Post

Markakis should be great ....

Comment

Braves minor leaguers will be in Gwinnett not Florida

Comment

Braves minor leaguers will be in Gwinnett not Florida
                      Are they even going to have a season? I doubt it.

Guess that will be where the extra players keep training honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post

Are they even going to have a season? I doubt it.

Guess that will be where the extra players keep training honestly.
                        Yeah it’s just a taxi squad.

Comment

It’s going to be one or the other.. Either Pache plays a lot early or it’s highly unlikely he ever touches the field before September.

I think people are going to be as frustrated as ever about them calling guys up this year but I can see most teams being extremely hesitant to start clocks in August with everything going on. May not see guys like Anderson at all since he’s not on the 40.

Comment

Originally posted by RefugeeZ View Post

It’s going to be one or the other.. Either Pache plays a lot early or it’s highly unlikely he ever touches the field before September.

I think people are going to be as frustrated as ever about them calling guys up this year but I can see most teams being extremely hesitant to start clocks in August with everything going on. May not see guys like Anderson at all since he’s not on the 40.
                            He will be on the 60 though and I think it's plausible you see him. That's why service time interests me. You are inevitably probably going to have players out due to COVID or exposure to it for a period of time (two weeks for the former, maybe less with the latter). When that happens, what do you do? Do you initially lean towards the journeyman type, or do you debut your prospects?

Will prospects get service time this year? And if so, how much do they get?

Comment

Taxi squad guys don't get service time hmmm interesting.

wonder if that changes when they're inevitably up due to players that are on the IL-COVID list.

Comment

Working...
                              X