Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Draft Thread

Draft on Wednesday at 7:00 on MLB Network

i literally have no clue what we should be looking for lol, and I have taken great interest in the draft over the last 4-5 years.

Comment

Every mock I’ve seen has Braves taking college arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian McTrashCann View Post
        i literally have no clue what we should be looking for lol, and I have taken great interest in the draft over the last 4-5 years.
        Everything but catcher

Comment

Most speculation points to a high upside college pitcher..The Duke kid is mentioned a lot. I sort of like the SS from Baylor, as we have very little depth at SS and 2nd. Its gonna be a very meh draft. Remember, we have the 3rd smallest amount of pool money and no 2nd round pick..So, we will add 4 guys in the draft and assume we will sign several undrafted guys..Could be a lot of gems in the undrafted this year..

Comment

Of the three minutes of research I like the Duke pitcher the best. He has the best mechanics. I saw the guy from Tx Tech, Georgia and Miami as well.

Comment

So with only 5 rounds can the non drafted players just sign as FA?

Comment

Originally posted by AaronK View Post
                So with only 5 rounds can the non drafted players just sign as FA?
                Yes, but with a 20k signing bonus limit. I think most of the highschool guys will probably opt for college scholarships over 20k.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmac13 View Post

Yes, but with a 20k signing bonus limit. I think most of the highschool guys will probably opt for college scholarships over 20k.
                  Wondering outloud...is this the strategy of MLB, to keep players in school and lower the population of MLB contracts for a bridge to normalcy?

Comment

Originally posted by rtrafford View Post

Wondering outloud...is this the strategy of MLB, to keep players in school and lower the population of MLB contracts for a bridge to normalcy?
                    I think the pandemic gave the owners an opportunity to cut 50-60 milb players from each organization. A year of decreased draft numbers meshes perfectly with every team eliminating 2 milb teams...

I have heard rumblings of the formation of a large, well financed independent league to fill this void going forward..

Comment

Braves Draft: Jared Shuster LHP Wake Forest

Comment

Reminds me of Newk but without control issues

Comment

Sounds underslot given what was available.

Comment

Originally posted by Acuna4MVP View Post
                            Sounds underslot given what was available.
                            With so few pics I don’t get underslotting

Comment

Originally posted by BravesBobbleHead View Post

With so few pics I don’t get underslotting
                              Yeah and we dont have a 2nd round pick either, so it's a bit confusing. I would have taken a homerun chance on an overslot guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X