No announcement yet.

What will the Braves look like in 2021?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will the Braves look like in 2021?

I'm thinking that regardless of what ends up happening this year, the Braves, and most of baseball is going to go into 2021 being broke or nearly broke..For the Braves, I have to think we won't spend much money on outside pieces. Any money spent will probably go toward resigning Freddie, or buying out and maybe extending a few young guys. I doubt we see any Hamels or Ozuna type signings this winter..Thoughts?

I think it will be a perfect time to open the wallet because so many owners will cry broke.

If ever there was a time to truly spend, you might get the best bang for buck for 2021.

Comment

Impossible to know. If the Braves aren't spending much, then it's possible the entire market sags in response to the uncertainty of the CBA. In that case, a lot of players maybe had on smaller 1-year pacts ahead of a probably work stoppage.

If they do manage to work things out, though, then I can't see any reason the Braves would reduce payroll. Of course, Freddie has got to be priority number 1.

Comment

What does the new CBA look like?

Comment

Originally posted by rtrafford View Post
          What does the new CBA look like?
          We won't be even discussing that until after whatever kind of 2021 season we get, which depending on how these next few days ago...it could look ugly. May get a lackluster 2021 and a higher chance of a lockout in 2022 than recent times where the CBA expired.

Comment

This year is really hurting players like Ender..Losing this year is going to represent around a quarter to a fifth of his lifetime earnings..After his Braves contract is done he will be lucky to get 2-3m a year..

Comment

C-d'Arnaud
              C-Contreras
              1B-Freeman
              2B-Albies
              SS-Simmons
              3B-Camargo
              LF-Riley
              CF-Pache
              RF-Acuna

SP-Soroka
              SP-Fried
              SP-Foltynewciz
              SP-Anderson
              SP-Newcomb

CL-Smith

Comment

I'll go with my MLB The Show 20 lineup for the 2020 season, because I decided to dump older guys and promote prospects.

C - Langeliers/Contreras
                1B Freeman
                2B Albies
                3B Camargo
                SS Mondesi (traded Swanson and two pitching prospects, Wilson and someone else)
                LF Waters (called up in May, and it is currently July 4. he is hitting .300 with 12 HR and 40 RBI. moved him to leadoff and Acuna to cleanup because Ronald was struggling to get on base and Waters was tearing it up. originally traded for Mondesi to be the new leadoff guy but he has struggled)
                CF Pache (platooning with JBJ in the 20 season after trading Hamels and a prospect to the Sox)
                RF Acuna

Soroka
                Folty
                Wright
                Fried
                Anderson (he has killed it since call up)

Weigel/Newcomb starters 6 and 7. weigel has been very good when needed to replace an injured starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian McTrashCann View Post
                  I'll go with my MLB The Show 20 lineup for the 2020 season, because I decided to dump older guys and promote prospects.

C - Langeliers/Contreras
                  1B Freeman
                  2B Albies
                  3B Camargo
                  SS Mondesi (traded Swanson and two pitching prospects, Wilson and someone else)
                  LF Waters (called up in May, and it is currently July 4. he is hitting .300 with 12 HR and 40 RBI. moved him to leadoff and Acuna to cleanup because Ronald was struggling to get on base and Waters was tearing it up. originally traded for Mondesi to be the new leadoff guy but he has struggled)
                  CF Pache (platooning with JBJ in the 20 season after trading Hamels and a prospect to the Sox)
                  RF Acuna

Soroka
                  Folty
                  Wright
                  Fried
                  Anderson (he has killed it since call up)

Weigel/Newcomb starters 6 and 7. weigel has been very good when needed to replace an injured starter.
                  As in Adalberto Mondesi and Jackie Bradley Jr.? Yuck..lol
                  Last edited by Tmac13; 06-09-2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmac13 View Post

As in Adalberto Mondesi and Jackie Bradley Jr.? Yuck..lol
                    Lmao...in video game world, yeah. In real life, hell no

Comment

We only have 70 mil in payroll committed without arb projections. So there's some money to spend. I'd probably say we spend on a bat more likely than a pitcher given alot of our pitchers should be close to ready soon but i could also see AA give Bauer the 1 year special like JD/Ozuna got.

Comment

With an expanded mlb roster and no minor league season do the Braves consider playing guys like Pache and Contreras?

Comment

Working...
                        X