X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better not be any blackout

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmac13 View Post
      Nightingale says the universal DH is still in for health reasons along with the stupid runner on 2nd base to start extra innings...I despise that rule..Although, it could guarantee guys like Billy Hamilton or Lane Adam's jobs for years..
      Just an FYI about the minor-league rule about runners at second - the batter who made the last out in the previous inning is the one who goes to second...

Comment

• Originally posted by UNCBlue012 View Post

Just an FYI about the minor-league rule about runners at second - the batter who made the last out in the previous inning is the one who goes to second...
        Would this be used in the playoffs?

Comment

• If this all goes through, the Braves likely get the Yankees, Rays, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Nationals, Phillies, Mets and the Marlins. lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by BravesBobbleHead View Post

Would this be used in the playoffs?
            It was proposed by MLB as a rule for extra inning games during the hyper-short season. Part of their series of offers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimator View Post
              If the bigger postseason becomes a thing going forward in baseball, where half the teams in each league make the postseason, I think I'm probably done. I like baseball and all, but the benefit to building a truly dominant team is vanishing. There is no team so good that it can consistently win 4 or 5 series straight against 1/3 to 1/2 of the league. It's just silly. It's a silly crapshootish thing for anyone to be emotionally invested in.

The days of a dominant Braves team going to the world series 4 times in 6 seasons are long done and over.
              I've got to think the players are against the expansion of post season as the owners countered late with a version that limited it to only 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tmac13 View Post
                Nightingale says the universal DH is still in for health reasons along with the stupid runner on 2nd base to start extra innings...I despise that rule..Although, it could guarantee guys like Billy Hamilton or Lane Adam's jobs for years..
                DH for health and safety reasons................what does that have to do with the covid? I guess if they all want it it's the only way to force it into the season. Tells me it's here to stay, for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrafford View Post

I've got to think the players are against the expansion of post season as the owners countered late with a version that limited it to only 2020.
                  I hope you're right, as this is the one thing that would, in my eyes, make the postseason irrelevant. I understand the need for it this year, and I understand the postseason is already almost meaningless. This would put it over the edge going forward.

Comment

DH for health and safety reasons................what does that have to do with the covid? I guess if they all want it it's the only way to force it into the season. Tells me it's here to stay, for sure.
                    What if a pitcher sprains an ankle while running? They might be down and out for 2 weeks, which in a shotgun season is a lot longer than what would be normal. They won't have the DH for 2021 tho as they took it off the table.

But players are for the DH, so when it's back in the CBA after 2021, I expect it to go through. Much to the chagrin of purity.

Not sure if whether we see expanded playoffs, but I was fine with it with 2020 for reasons I discussed in another forum. I'd be wishy washy if it was put in for good though.

Comment

• Trevor Bauer was critical of the players today

Comment

• Originally posted by AaronK View Post
                        Trevor Bauer was critical of the players today
                        Made great points.

I’m hearing talk about bringing Glavine back to replace Clark

Comment

They were. It was seen by the players as too much of a perk for ownership if they were unable to finish this season which is why the clause was added in the proposal the expansion was canceled if this season wasn’t completed. It was added to offset the cost of 100% pro rate vs no ticket sales.

Comment

• Bauer’s last tweet was pretty telling of the situation..

So we gave up shares of playoff money, eliminating the qualifying offer for 2021, paycheck advance forgiveness, Covid 19 protections, and protection for non guaranteed arb contracts for next year in order to hold on to our right to file a grievance...🤔🤔

Comment

• Originally posted by RefugeeZ View Post
                              Bauer’s last tweet was pretty telling of the situation..

So we gave up shares of playoff money, eliminating the qualifying offer for 2021, paycheck advance forgiveness, Covid 19 protections, and protection for non guaranteed arb contracts for next year in order to hold on to our right to file a grievance...🤔🤔
                              Yeah, but Tony Clark. Brilliantly played.

You've really got to think that a really, really strong voice like Boras was driving the bus when the Tony came back for discussion and voting. MLBPA just looked foolish throughout this process.

Comment

Yeah, but Tony Clark. Brilliantly played.

You've really got to think that a really, really strong voice like Boras was driving the bus when the Tony came back for discussion and voting. MLBPA just looked foolish throughout this process.
                                It's all about the 900m dollars grievance the mlbpa is going to file..Apparently that number is the difference in dollars to players from the 60 game schedule to the 114 game schedule the players 1st proposed. This was pushed by Boras and a group of agents on Clark and their clients. Boras thinks he has the data to prove the case that every team could have paid 114 full prorated and been ok. The best case for players is winning the grievance and forcing owners to open their books. The worst case is they lose the grievance but still force the owners to open the books going into the new CBA negotiations.

Comment

Working...
                                X